1. The beach. Don’t you just love going to the beach? This one is the view of Natsepa beach in Ambon, Molucca. We can sit side by side on the sand, enjoying a plate of the famous fruit ‘rujak’ and spend the rest of the day island-hopping on a speedboat.
2. A cup of coffee. This one is a cup of hot Balinese coffee, with its delicate sweetness and gentle acidity.
3. Pastries. A great company for a cup of coffee (or we can substitute the pastry with… #you, and that would be as sweet!). This one is taken in a small restaurant in La Rambla, Barcelona.
4. An old typewriter. Probably because you’re good with words—or your daily ‘proximity’ with words. And somehow I have always pictured you as an ‘old soul’: someone with such maturity beyond your years, as if you’ve lived for more than 100 years. This one is a vintage typewriter I came across in Triwindu Antique Market, Solo.
5. Artworks, paintings, and galleries. You have a love of art, and it shows in the way you view the world, the way you appreciate beauty unconventionally. This is a picture of a wonderful mess in Hector Fernández’s gallery at Double Beates, Barcelona.
6. Rain. From the black low-hanging clouds to the smell of the wet soil, from gazing at the droplets and listening to the calming sound of it. This one is taken from behind my working desk. The rain had just subsided.
7. Sunset. Because we share the love of capturing it. This one is taken in Telunas, Sugi Island, Batam.
8. Clouds. You know you’re happy at heart when you’re gazing at the funny-looking clouds and a smile appear on your lips. This one is taken in Lagos, from the balcony of the beach house. Do you see the huge cat-head below?
9. The sky. It makes me feel close to you. At times, we probably are looking at the same sky, at the same time, without actually realizing it. This one is taken in Sevilla (and–oh, look at those birds!)
10. A small café or restaurant. This one is taken in Lisboa. Look closely and you’ll see a man and a woman inside. One day, there will be you and me, meeting up for a late lunch and enjoying a small talk over our meals, discussing the most trivial things.
11. Beautiful light patterns. This one is taken in a winery in Jerez. The sunlight peers through the ‘grapevined’ roof, making those beautiful light patterns along the walls. Or maybe you simply reminded me of anything bright and beautiful.
*) a posting to celebrate 11.11.11