Last weekend, I bought a cupcake tin and decided to make cupcakes! For my first attempt, I took a simple chocolate cupcake recipe and make some adjustments:
Basic Chocolate Cupcake Recipe:
- 150g butter (unsalted)
- 150g castor sugar (but I reduced it to 100 g because I don’t want it to be too sweet)
- 175g self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (I used hazelnut-flavored cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (but I reduced it to 1/2 tsp to make the cocoa fragrance stands out)
Beat with electric mixer until it’s light and creamy, then divide it evenly into the 12-cupcakes tin, bake for around 20 minutes, 160oC.
I thought I might have some cupcake papers at home, but turned out I didn’t. That’s the explanation for the quite-flat appearance of the cupcakes, as when the dough developed, it spilled to the tin’s surface 😀
Well, to save it, I trimmed each cupcake a bit and layered the surface with my own recipe of coffee-Baileys butter cream.
Coffee-Baileys butter cream:
- 100g butter
- 50g castor sugar (you can add more sugar later to the mixture if you like sweeter cream)
- 1/4 cup of coffee-flavored Baileys
- 4 tbsp of coffee; liquid (I used Kopi Aroma :D)
Beat with electric mixer until it turned into a perfect butter cream.
So, there you go, cupcake! ^^
Surely I need more training on decorating with butter cream! 😀
I put it on the fridge (I like it cold) and brought it to the office for this morning’s breakfast.
Those cupcakes were gone quite fast!
Kalau yang seperti ini, aku nyerah kalau membuatnya tapi pasrah kalau ada yang menyuruh nyicipin
awesome, looks great, make me hungry 😉 i just stumbled on your blog when I was looking on google. I have to say that the information here was the most complete that I found anywhere, i am definitely bookmarking this to come back and read later, informative and valuable information, if you have a time feel free to drop by in my story too. Have a great day!
Luchie Mendoza Allen
waah kayaknya enak tuh
hannyyyyy bikinin iniiiiiiiiii!! T________T